I Want To Separate From My Husband But I Have No Money, No Car And Nowhere To Go. I Also Have 3 Children. What Do I Do?


3 Answers

Mark Henderson Profile
Mark Henderson answered
It may be difficult to separate from your husband if you have no money and nowhere to go.

Instead, it would be best to be patient and wait until you find a place of your own. Or, ask him if it's okay for you to carry on living with him until you have the money to move out.

How to separate with no money?
  • Separating from a partner is never easy, especially if there are children involved. It's important to think through this process- do not make rash or rushed decisions.
  • Contact a friend or family member to see if they can put you up for a couple of nights, or if not then try and contact your local women's refuge centre who may be able to support you for a while.
  • Put some money aside before you move out, as times will become more economically-difficult once you have separated from your husband.
  • Try and work out a solution that is best for you and your children. Again, take your time over these decisions as they will have a significant impact on the rest of your life, as well as that of your children and your husband.
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
You should say to him that you think it is for the best that you separate from him. Get a job or ask if he can pay you money to live - and if you have got any family members in your area then ask to move in with them.

Answer Question