I've been ignoring my friends for weeks because of depression and I feel they hate me. I want to try talking to them again but I don't know what to say. Any advice?

3

Darling Divaa Profile
Darling Divaa answered

Just be open and honest with them. If they're your friends they will understand and be there for you. I hope everything works out for you...

Dakota  Mackenzie
Dakota Mackenzie commented
Thank you :) I hope so too >.> It'd kinda suck to lose them because they are amazing people ^^ I just talked to one and he seemed happy to hear from me, he said he's just happy I'm better.
Darling Divaa
Darling Divaa commented
Aww you're welcome. I'm sure it did suck to lose them but you were in a bad place but they'll understand, i'm sure of it. They sound great....
Tom  Jackson
Tom Jackson commented
I think all of your friends will react the way the one you commented about did.

Just tell them that you need to take time for yourself. I understand how it is to be in your place I've been through it various times. But if they're real friends they will understand you.

If they're your real friends, they should understand. I had a pretty hard period in life as well, and I wasn't speaking to my friends for several weeks, but after I started to feel better, I contacted them, and they weren't mad at all. I can tell you that this article made me consider smoking weed, and it helped me cope with anxiety and panic attacks, so now I smoke from time to time just to feel better.

Anonymous