I am dating this guy but he grabbed my arm and it hurt and now I am scared of him, what should I do?

Kathryn Amis Profile
Kathryn Amis answered

I had alarm bells ringing in my head when I read your question!

I know everyone gets mad and makes mistakes,  and maybe you could talk to him about it and explain how you feel?  It is possible it may never happen again.

But - and it’s a big but...you said you were hurt and now you’re scared. 

That says to me that you don’t feel completely safe with this guy - that’s not a good place to be.

Scared  is the same as being frightened and panicky and intimidated - all the things that are the opposite of the way a guy should make you feel - like loved and wanted and cared for and secure.

It’s never easy to walk away, especially if you have deeper feeling for someone - but it could be the best thing to do.

Stay safe and happy. X

Nikki Ridgerider Profile

Has this sort of thing happened on more than one occasion? If so, you should think of contacting a family member or the authorities if you think he'll hurt you. I would try to break up with him, but I don't know how, as I would be scared. If somebody intimidates you, you shouldn't hang around with them. I don't know what it's called, but there's an app that lets the authorities know if you're in an abusive situation, but it's disguised as a regular news app. I believe it was created by Dr. Phil's wife. Please don't let yourself be in any sort of danger longer than you have to be.

Anonymous