Don't worry im not planning on running away or anything, I just wanna know if Im allowed to go with a friend on a trip to another state without my parents consent if they say no? I currently live in New York state. Im 17.


1 Answers

PJ Stein Profile
PJ Stein answered

No. You are still a minor and your parents would need to give their permission. If you leave the state with someone over 18 they could be charged with transporting a minor across state lines, which is a federal offense.

Answer Question