Is it possible for a parent to over pay child support, if the child lives 18yrs with the custodial parent? Non- custodial parent visited 3 to 4 times in 18 years.


1 Answers

Tom  Jackson Profile
Tom Jackson answered

Sole or shared custody is not related to child support.

Child support is for the support of the child no matter who the child lives with or how often the non-custodial parent visits the child.

It's determined by the court usually, based on certain formulas available unless all parties aghree to a certain amount.

Answer Question