I am a British man, I want to marry my Filipino ladyboy girlfriend in the UK, what is the best way to do this, what visa should I get? And what will my rights/status be in the Philippines after marriage? Can I live there?


1 Answers

Lynn Blakeman Profile
Lynn Blakeman answered

When it comes to marrying your Filipino ladyboy girlfriend in the UK it is indeed possible and if you are going to live in the Philippines after the marriage your fiancee would just need to apply for a Marriage Visitor Visa. She can do this up to 3 months before she plans to visit and I think it will cost around £83 to apply. A decision on eligibility should be made in around 3 weeks.

The requirements are:

You must prove that you’re:

  • 18 or over
  • free to marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months of your arrival
  • visiting the UK for less than 6 months
  • leaving the UK at the end of your visit
  • able to support yourself without working or help from public
    funds, or that you can be supported and housed by relatives or friends
  • able to meet the cost of the return or onward journey
  • not in transit to a country outside the UK, Ireland, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands

You will be able to live with your wife in the Philippines but I think I am right in saying that the marriage will not be recognised there as it will technically be a same sex marriage and they do not have the same laws that we do.

Congratulations on finding love and I wish you and your fiancee all the very best for the future,

Answer Question