Ok I am 16 and I'm 6 months pregnant with a 23 year old. I will be 17 before i give birth. What I want to know is if children services would try to get involved if the father signed the certificate in Ohio where the age of consent is 16?


4 Answers

Lard Ass Profile
Lard Ass answered

Well, he's 23 and should know better. In Ohio, it is illegal for anyone over the age of 18 to have sex with a minor (under 18) so I would venture to guess yes!

6 People thanked the writer.
View all 7 Comments
Jewel Stevens
Jewel Stevens commented
No i wasn't 15 when this happened Ill be 17 in February and my daughter is due the end of February
Arthur Wright
Arthur Wright commented
As long as hes willing to accept responsibility here for his actions, Courts wont press charges as the State doesn't need anymore free loaders on its system here
Lard Ass
Lard Ass commented
Well, congratulations Jewel, best of luck to you!
Didge Doo Profile
Didge Doo answered

It's a sticky question.

If you were under 16 at the time of consummation I should think it would be classed as statutory rape in ANY state.

Your question uses very fussy wording. He "signed the certificate" (whatever that means) in Ohio but the laws will apply to either the state in which you had sex, or the state in which you reside. A lawyer can advise which applies in this case. Signing a document in another state is unlikely to absolve him from blame.

But do understand this -- a man of 23 who has sex with a 15 year-old child is a paedophile. You may feel grown up, but you're not. You may think he loves you, but that's unlikely. The law is designed to protect vulnerable minors from unscrupulous predators.

Whatever happens, I wish you well. As a 16 year-old mother you're going to need all the luck you can get. A baby at this stage may well ruin your life.

Here's a link to the age of consent in US states.

Arthur Wright Profile
Arthur Wright , Florida Paralegal with a BS degree in Social-Psychology, answered

Child Services will not get involved here unless there is a complaint filed for some reason. As long as the Father is of legal age and is assuming responsibility for his actions and there is no drug abuse involved here or signs of Domestic Violence either, you guys will be okay here. I got my Paralegal degree via John Marshall Law School in Cleveland so I know Ohio Law and don't see any just cause for Child Services to get involved here at all unless you aren't telling us the whole truth which wont be the first time its happened so congrats and good luck

6 People thanked the writer.
View all 8 Comments
Arthur Wright
Arthur Wright commented
I understand and unfortunately we all have done something in our lifes we wish we could change but cant so we deal with it the best we can an pray for the best. Now I help many young women in the same boat as you and have a number I give them in case it gets to be too much for extra help so whether you use it or not its 1-800-848-LOVE and they've have helped those Ive sent them but its totally up to you but they'll help with anything you need, but youll both be fine here and Im here to help the best I can on here so let me know
Jewel Stevens
Jewel Stevens commented
Okay God bless you thanks alot
Arthur Wright
Arthur Wright commented
Youre very welcome and as for child support, you have to request it and it can be worked out outside of the courtroom but have it written down via a Paralegal or Lawyer and notarized and present it to the Judge for approval so the Courts will enforce it just in case he renigs for some reason.

Answer Question