How do I get an absent father off the birth certificate. I'm a single mother and can not afford a lawyer, and looked up everything possible to do it myself. Is there an easier way?


1 Answers

Arthur Wright Profile
Arthur Wright , Florida Paralegal, answered

Unfortunately there is no easy way to do this or else many would be doing this. It's nearly impossible to get a father's name off the birth certificate once on it, even nowadays mothers who entrap some guy by putting his name as the father on it, the poor guy can be held as the dad even if a paternity test shows he's in no way the biological father of said child. All the cases like yours that I've seen in court have failed to convince the judge of a good justified legit excuse to do so, so unfortunately you may be stuck here unless you hire a very good lawyer but that takes loads of money. Sorry. Merry Christmas

Answer Question