I try to be as open-minded as possible, and I think I am, compared to a lot of people.
Your upbringing, culture, mindset and education all have an impact on how open- or close-minded you are. I think anybody can be open-minded, if they care enough to try.
What I Think Has Made Me Open-Minded
- The way my mother brought me up — letting me make my own mind up about religion, politics, etc.
- Having been regarded as "different" so often in my life (as a foreigner in France, and as an intelligent, oddball bookworm at school)
- Having experienced different cultures (living in France and in several very different places in England)
- The internet — I know it sounds odd, but just think how much you get exposed to online, and how much you learn about people and things you would normally be dismissive of
- The fact that I think it's important to be open-minded
Not to the point that my brains fall out!